2021 National Recovery Month
Recovery is for Everyone: Every Person, Every Family, Every Community
National Recovery Month (September), is almost here! Are you prepared to spread the word that recovery is possible and educate others about the effectiveness of treatment services for SUD? Recovery Month increases awareness and understanding of mental health and substance use disorders and encourages individuals in need of treatment and recovery services to seek help. Recovery Month celebrates individuals living lives in recovery and recognizes the dedicated workers who provide the prevention, treatment, and recovery support services that help make recovery possible.
The Recovery Month website (nationalrecoverymonth.org) provides printable materials, web, and social media resources to help communities plan events, educate individuals about mental health and substance use disorders, and encourages individuals to celebrate the millions of people in recovery. Reminding us that behavioral health is an essential component to overall health, prevention works, treatment is effective, and people can and do recover.
- Visit the National Recovery Month Website
- National Recovery Month Toolkit - 2021 -filled with tips for celebrating Recovery Month and community outreach, the Recovery Month website, graphics to share on social media, and more.
- Download web banners and logos to promote Recovery Month
- Find and post recovery events in the community #events
- The Self-Care Plug-In -PowerPoint presentation on self-care strategies. This presentation can be added to or plugged-in to the beginning, middle, or end of the presentation materials for any training/TA event.